- My hometown team the Colts won the Super Bowl against our neighbors to the north, and I reflected on marriage and worship.
- The big news in February all came in the same week: my husband started a new job, my parents sold their house, and my sister got engaged.
- I started a food blog, and discussed innocent victims of war, watched Mary Poppins financial advice, highlighted a story about a Taylor professor, and questioned money & time priorities.
- I planned a bus trip, reflected on the philosophy behind a house, and wasn't afraid to ask questions about faith.
- We were saddened by the death of my husband's grandmother, and made a trip to Wisconsin for her funeral. I thought about saving the world through being green and promoting peace.
- We took a trip to Chicago and happened upon the filming of the next Batman movie. I thought about Sabbath and Hospitality.
- I felt like we camped most of the month. Between sleeping in tents, we started the house buying process. The Fourth was as festive as ever. Simplicity was on my mind.
- My dear friend Melissa got married to a great guy, David, and we took a week vacation to drive out to Pennsylvania to see it. Different friends of mine, Teresa & Daniel, had their first child, and I finished a gift just in time!
- I posted my most-searched-for post, about the scratch-and-dent washer & dryer we found. Many people a day look at this post, and I can't say I'm proud of it. The house-buying process continued.
- We closed on a house! We celebrated with the family on Halloween and loved seeing kids in costumes. I reflected on my generation, money and happiness, community, and grocery prices.
- We moved! And, even knowing we would move in November, I signed up for NaBloPoMo, which means I posted every day during the month. I don't know what I was thinking. There's lots of good thoughts in there.
Year in Review
My readership has quadrupled over the last year - hard to believe, really- and I want to give most the credit to Google, and search terms like 'scratch and dent appliances indianapolis' and 'unhappy wife bored at home'. Anyway. most of y'all haven't been around all year, so here is a month-by-month recap of 2007.