11.01.2007

NaBloPoMo

What was I thinking?

A while back, I joined a group to be a part of National Blog Posting Month. It's a spin-off of National Novel Writing month (NaNoWriMo), for those bloggers who aren't ambitious enough to write an entire novel. Yeah, that'd be me. The rules? They're simple. "Post every day for the month of November. That's all you have to do."

Blogging every day wouldn't be such a big deal, really, except for the catch: I'm moving next week. My computer at home won't be set up, and we won't have internet access at home for a couple weeks. I've got a laptop. I'll make it work.

So, I might not succeed on this one. We'll see how it goes.

Visit NaBloPoMo

I NEED YOUR HELP!
I've got lots of creative readers out there, right? Thinking people full of issues they want to discuss? What do you want to see on here? A theme? A series? Random-posts-as-usual? I'm open to ideas, while working on brainstorming my own.

10 comments:

Char said...

I may be unusual in this, but one of the reasons I enjoy reading/participating on/ writing blogs is engaging in debates and discussions. I love a good blog debate (when it's carried out in love, obviously) because it never ceases to get my mind racing. I love being challenged to think about old things in new ways. Just a thought:) Good luck with the move!

Joanna said...

Oh, don't you worry, I've got plenty of ideas for debates & discussions. It should be fun. I hope you join in!

I very much agree with you- I love batting ideas around back and forth with others in the blog community. It challenges me to think.

Lisa said...

How about a series on the elements of a Thanksgiving dinner? One day, all about turkey. One day all about pumpkins. One day, all about the real story behind the early colonists. Etc.

That's my overly seasonal suggestion, anyway.

Char said...

I agree with Lisa -- I do love your food posts, too. Between debates/discussions, informational/historical posts, and your cooking/holidays tips and posts, I'll be hooked on your blog for life! Though, I tried to make the candy corn cookies yesterday for a staff meeting and they turned out egg-shaped instead of triangles:) Everyone said I should make them with different colors for Easter, but knowing my baking luck, they'd probably turn out candy-corn shaped if I did!

Joanna said...

Yeah, it's key on those cookies that you make a sugar-cookie dough that will hold its shape- not spread out (search for a recipe for "cut-out cookies"). They would definitely work for Easter eggs! I'll have to try that in the spring :)

Anonymous said...

I just reread the recipe on your Sunflowers site -- if only I weren't such a "skimmer" I would have noticed your suggestion to add flour and leave out butter if you use a mix (which I did). Oops. Now I know, though:) Thanks!

-Scrawny Mommy (again!)

Stephanie Appleton said...

You must be crazy! :)
You can blog about unpacking all those boxes!

Matt Moberly said...

You're already a stone's throw away from posting daily anyway, right? You need to impose some of your own rules to make it more interesting. Like 30 days of posting without using the letter F.

ashley said...

Then it would be Keeping Eet ;-)

Joanna said...

which is a perfectly good name for a food blog. Why didn't I think of that?!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin