4.21.2011

Quick thoughts on this nursing thing

I really should write a proper post. It's been too, too long. I keep trying to get words out, but there's so much I want to say, and very little time for me to sit and write. Instead, I'll share with you all the links I've been saving, if I ever get that post written:

I've been reading a lot about breastfeeding lately, mostly because pumping and nursing have been my life as of late.

 I've found 101 Reasons to Breastfeed and another 50 Reasons to do it anytime, anywhere. I'm wondering if I'm becoming a borderline lactivist.

I wonder what people think of me, since a study came out last month showing that nursing women are viewed as less competent. But, I don't really care what people think of me, because I know I'm doing the right thing. I'd love to prove them wrong- a woman can be competent AND feed her baby.

As Sarah on Emerging Mummy said (along with all her other points), breastfeeding has given me more confidence as a new mom. Enormously so. I'm also with her when she describes being humbled, because our first few weeks were hard, and I understood why people give up.

But now? I wouldn't trade this nursing relationship for anything. It's amazing, and I'm loving it. I actually told Josh the other day, I'd be sad if I got pregnant right now, because I'm enjoying nursing so much. It's working for us, and I'm delighted.

1 comment:

From Meme To You said...

Great reading yourr blog post

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin