7.09.2009

Hogback Summit makes its debut!

So, as I've mentioned an FEW times before, I'm not on Facebook. Via a blog, I saw a fun Facebook meme that I wanted to give a try (Sorry! But it looked fun!). Here were the rules:
The "Pretend Rock Album Cover Game"
1. Go to "wikipedia." Hit “random article” and record the title of the random article, like "Rahmane Barry" or "709th Airlift Squadron". This is your band's name.
2. Go to "Random quotations"  The last 3-5 words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
3. Go to "Flickr/Explore Last 7 Days" Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4. Use Photoshop or similar photo editor (Picasa, Picnic, whatever) to put it all together. Yes, I used Paint.
5. Force all of your friends to view your angsty/sexy/inspired/brilliant work by posting to your own blog or Facebook profile.  If you do share yours in a public arena, let me know so I can appreciate the genius of you as well!

I ended up with the band name Hogback Summit and a quote by Lyndon B Johnson. Not exactly sensical, but that's not really the point.

Let me know if you play along- leave your link in the comments!

2 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

The more NONsensical, the better, I think! This turned out pretty awesome, I have to say. Glad you played along!

Kacie said...

Fun! I sorta did it but I didn't make the album cover.

Band name: Type 202 Submarine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_202_submarine

Album title: I said nothing
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/28.html

Cover art: ...crud, I closed the window. It was a scene of a tree on a hill. Pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin