12.10.2007

Will someone go see this with me?

Speaking of a low-impact or buy-nothing Christmas and the Advent Conspiracy, here's a good seasonal movie, from the Keystone Art Cinema website...
What Would Jesus Buy?
Starts Friday, December 14

The charismatic Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping Gospel Choir take us on a cross-country crusade to save Christmas from the Shopocalypse! Their mission begins on Black Friday, when families bloated from their Thanksgiving turkeys spend the night freezing in mile-long lines to trample each other at early bird sales. Reverend Billy is here to invade the parking lots and temples of commerce, to liberate consumers from their corporate trances. From preaching at the Mall of America, to exorcising the demons from Wal-Mart Headquarters—Reverend Billy takes his gospel to the Promised Land. Changelujah! The Shopocalypse is upon us…Who will be saved? Must-see viewing before you head to the mall. Produced by Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) and directed by Rob VanAlkemade. Official Web Site


Admittedly, Reverend Billy is WAY out there, and I don't necessarily agree with his tactics. And I've yet to see how related to Jesus this whole movement is, but it's interesting nonetheless.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I would like to see it, but I don't know WHEN I could get away to do so.

Kristen said...

I'd love to go with you, but I don't think I'll be making any more trips to Indy :(

Joanna said...

I'm excited about the nearly-simultaneous offers to go to the movie with me, but I know both of you will be traveling out of state in the coming weeks- and the art theaters shows often don't have very long runs. Perhaps I can convince Josh this can be one of our handful of movies we see each year. Or better yet- my family has a tradition of going to the movies on holidays. Maybe I can convince them this is the one to see this year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin