9.09.2007

Middle Name Meme

Ashley tagged me, and I'm playing along- to an extent. I'll post little-known (or maybe not-so-secret) facts about me, but I'm not tagging anyone. If you want to play, go ahead and post on your blog on in the comments. Here's what it's all about:

The Rules:

  1. You have to post the rules before you give the facts.
  2. You must list one fact that is relevant to your life for each letter in your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name then use a name that you like.
  3. When you are tagged you must write a post containing your own middle name game facts.
I love my middle name, BROOKE:

B - Boy friends. My best friends since preschool have always been boys, except in those preteen years, where, if you talk to a boy, you get teased like crazy. Then, I had boy friends, but not best friends. And now? My best friend is a boy, and I happen to be married to him. He was also my first "boyfriend".

R - Reading. I grew up reading like crazy. I devoured books. Now, I love to read but rarely block out time for it- and my favorite way to read is in long, uninterrupted blocks of time. Reading books has been somewhat replaced by reading news & blogs, all the time. Currently, I'm in the middle of 3 books- The Practice of the Presence of God, God & Your Stuff, and A Generous Orthodoxy.

O - Onomatopoeia. It's my favorite word ever.

O - Odd-shaped thumbs. My left and right thumbs are different shapes. Don't know why. My left one looks more like my dad's, & my right one like my mom's, and there is a stark difference. Maybe I'll update this with a picture. But the picture will be hard to take without the use of my thumbs.

K - Kids. I like kids a lot. I babysat through most of junior high and high school, and taught a 5-year-old Sunday School class all 4 years of high school. I even got involved with a church freshman year of college & helped teach Sunday School there, too. Now, I think my 4 nephews are the coolest kids ever, and the kids that belong to the couples in my small group rank up there, too.

E - Ever After. It's probably the only "girl movie" I like. As I said in a previous post: As women, we want so badly to be loved for who we are. Drew Barrymore, as Cinderella in the movie, was loved for all her passions and interests and who she was- when the prince saw her as a noblewoman. A deep fear we have is to be Found Out, as Barrymore was at the ball- that we are not the noblewomen we try to be, that behind the princess face is a plain Cinderella-servant-girl that doesn't seem presentable or as lovable. The exciting part of the end of my story is that King of Kings, the God of the universe, loves the plain me, the one he created, full of passions and interests, not the strong or beautiful face I put on, and wants to lavish me with gifts and bring me into his kingdom and his home forever.

OK, that's it. It was fun. Participate if you want!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I love Ever After too! I love that she punches her step sister and I love that she saves herself from the creepy guy she was sold to. (You know, when the prince arrives at the end and she asks why he is there and he says to save her, but she already saved herself.) To me what that shows is that she isn't helpless and she doesn't NEED him, but life is better with him. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin