5.16.2006

The Weekend Where Life Comes Together

"It's tough when you're in the story- it's happening to you and you don't know where the story's going." - Dennis Ladd

"When I tread the verge of Jordan, bid my anxious fears subside" - the hymn Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah

This post was supposed to be titled "The Weekend Where I Study For Finals" but that didn't really happen, so, to be fair, I re-titled it. The quotes above are my notes from church Sunday in Lebanon. The first is how I've felt in the last month- I'm being swept along in a story, and I didn't know where I was going, where I was going to be in a month, what state I would be living in, where I would be working, or any detail besides the fact I would be graduated and married.

The second quote is a line from a hymn we sang. I felt like we are on "the verge of Jordan," on the edge of a great land of unknown, being told by God to go forth. We've sent spies into the land and we knew that troubles awaited us- the challenges of moving, of setting up a house, of managing a budget, of dealing with work/life balance, of finding jobs and a church and a whole host of changes. Those challenges are scary, and we could have chosen to back off and wandered the desert for 40 years and give up on God's plans and make our own. But we also know that where God is leading us is a land of great blessing, if we trust His hand.

So that's where we were last weekend. We had pretty much decided that we were moving to Colorado, assuming the promising-looking job went through. Just in case it didn't, I had an interview on Tuesday with a company that had called me earlier. A whirlwind ensued, and by the end of the week, I had a job offer in Carmel, Josh and I had picked out an (awesome!) apartment 1.1 miles from work, and life fell together all at once, after months of waiting. Josh needs to still find a job, but mine will be fine for now, to get started.

Oh, and Mother's Day was this weekend, and we spent quality time with family. I'm taking my mom out for lunch tomorrow, then going to get the all-important marriage license and run other wedding-errands.

I'm so relieved.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin