Saturday, we went to my now-5-year-old nephew's birthday party. As always, time with family was great.
Spongebob Squarepants ranks with my least-favorite cartoons, but my sister-in-law throws great themed parties, every single birthday. This time around, they got the cake from The Fig Tree, and new local bakery and cafe, and the lady there did an amazing job.
I also spent hours this weekend cleaning green garlic that I dug out of our garden, about 25 lbs worth, mostly because it was growing in the way. If you'd like any, The Farming Engineers will be selling it at the opening weekend of the Carmel Farmers' Market. Growing in our yard right now: Strawberries, raspberries, mulberries, peas, broccoli, onions, carrots.
I won't be at the farmers' market because, this week, we're preparing for our first road trip as a family of three! Elliott got a comfy new car seat yesterday. We're making lists, trying to figure out what we need to do before we leave and figure out what we do and don't need to pack. I can't wait for my grandparents to meet their first great-grandchild! Also, I'm hoping this long-road-trip-with-a-baby thing goes well. Fingers crossed.
Question for parents: Babies under 6 months aren't supposed to wear sunscreen. So, how do you get outside with Baby? We plan on going to a national park and hiking. Can we do it?
Other random thoughts:
- I appreciated both Alissa & Catherine's reminder- our kids are God's, not ours.
- Speaking of that, did I mention we dedicated Elliott at church on Mother's Day?
- And our nephew had his first communion?
- I need a haircut. Postpartum hair loss has hit me hard during the last month.
- To tide the dog hair loss in our house, Casey was groomed Thursday. He looks so cute, and is shedding a lot less. Yay!
- I was excited to hear about a TOMS Shoes drop at a ministry in Haiti we support. I LOVE my TOMS shoes!