I've put up the obligatory poll on the sidebar of my blog- is Baby a Girl or Boy? What's your guess? Here are some helpful facts & old wives' tales:
- Josh's family doesn't have girls. He is one of 4 brothers. His older two brothers have four boys between them. He has no sisters, and we have no nieces. Looking to the extended family, there are definitely more boys born than girls, in all generations (on his dad's side. His mom's side is so big, I'm not sure I could count up the ratio.).
- My family has more girls. I have a sister and no brothers, and, in both my parents' families, there were two girls and one boy.
- The baby isn't "stealing my beauty" as girls are said to do.
- The baby's heart rate has been over 145 bpm at all three of my appointments, which is supposed to indicate a girl.
- I had zero morning sickness, which supposedly points to a boy.
- The Chinese Lunar Baby-Gender Prediction Calendar says I'm having a girl.
- I've not had any intense cravings, so the "sweet or salty" myth isn't one I can use.
- Am I carrying high or low? I'll update this post with a picture, and you can decide, or check out the old belly pictures.
Vote in the poll on the sidebar, let me know in the comments what you think. Also- did the Old Wives' Tales hold true for predicting your babies' gender?