6.13.2009

A free weekend!

I've actually got a free weekend! What does a free weekend look like for me?

Friday night:
  • Took a nap as soon as I got home from work... it was a long week. Even though it was technically a short week- I had Monday & Tuesday morning off.
  • Made fettuccine alfredo for dinner.
  • Weeded the garden.
  • Got 2 loads of laundry done Friday night.
  • Went on a date to Chick-fil-a for a sweet tea, then drove around in our new car with Josh (More on the new car later!)
Saturday:
  • Got up at 6am to let the dog out, get another load of laundry started, sweep the floors
  • Went back to bed & got up at 9
  • Went out for a brunch
  • Got home and weeded, weeded, weeded some more
  • Discovered a tree full of ripe mulberries and picked as many as I could reach with my kitchen stepladder.
  • Tonight, we plan on going to church, swinging by to drop off stuff with my brother-in-law in Lebanon, then going to the drive-in theater.
Sunday? Who knows! Cleaning the house is on the agenda, and possibly more weeding. Also considering making goodies for work to celebrate our release day. Peaches and mulberries will probably be involved in those goodies.


I've got a post up at Homemakers Who Work today discussing what I don't have time for- TV!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I wish I had done more weeding this weekend! I was able to get out long enough to plant asparagus - yes, I know, why torture myself with the 3 year wait to maturity - but alas I guess I like torture! :) And moved some day lilies, hyssop, lemon and bee balm to better locations. We have this one side of the yard that just WILL NOT grow anything well. I think there is a drainage issue on that side. But anywho, didn't do nearly enough weekend! Or mulching - all our flower beds need a new layer!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin