I'm back from Hawaii! Here are some quick takes before I sit down & "talk story" with you about the whole trip!
- The flights out there involved 3 stops, and a total of 22 hours. The trip back was only 12 hours.
- Thanks to temperatures in the low 70s the whole time, I didn't go swimming once. This was a huge disappointment, as I was really hoping to boogie board.
- Concerning the above: I worked really hard to find a new bathing suit in Indiana in February - not an easy thing to do!- and didn't get to wear it.
- Everyone we saw, tourist & local alike, was wearing either long pants or a sweatshirt due to the temperature plus winds. I only packed one sweatshirt for each of us, and 2 pairs of long pants.
- Not much had changed in the old neighborhood. More shopping had been built, some stores had moved, but that's about it. I recognized a lot.
- What I missed most? The food .
Hopefully I'll have pictures up very soon!