1.28.2009

Aloha!

About that Newlywed-Game plan... We did it! Everyone had fun laughing at each other's answers, and laughing when spouse's answers didn't match (Especially when the question is "Who takes longer to get ready in the morning?" and each spouse points at the other!). We lost, though. We have been married the shortest amount of time of the group, so maybe we were at a disadvantage?

One question where Josh & I answered differently was "What has been you best vacation?" Josh said our honeymoon in Wisconsin; I said my favorite was our jaunt to Bloomington. Listening to our answers, I thought... wow, we go on really boring vacations. I mean, the paradise of northern Wisconsin was peaceful, and Bloomington is a happenin' town, but others had been to Europe, beach vacations...

Our "favorite vacation" answer, pretty soon, will be the same, though! I haven't mentioned it much on the blog, but we've been planning the trip for months... to Hawaii!

I spent part of my childhood in Hawaii, and haven't been back since I moved away 13 years ago. I have many happy memories there, and Josh has said it'd be neat to get me back there. And, I mean, it's Hawaii, how cool would a Hawaiian vacation be? Enter the perfect opportunity: Josh's cousin's destination wedding!

We leave in less than a month, first to the wedding on the Big Island then to spend a few days on Oahu where I lived. We're staying in bed and breakfasts on both islands, and I'm excited to be a little outside of the mainstream tourist thoroughfares and show Josh some local spots. I'm bummed I can't pull off kama'aina rates while site-seeing, though...

The anticipation mounts!

Now, I wonder if a magic weight loss pill will make me look good in a bathing suit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to have so much fun!!! I'm jealous!! take a lot of pictures :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin