LEFT: Casey & I enjoying some cuddle time this weekend. He's not a lap dog.
We had a good week with Casey. The behavior didn't change too much, but understanding it helps us deal with it. We imagine that getting him to obedience training will also help us deal with it. We're now planning on keeping him. We took him to the vet Friday to get checked out & updated on shots. Here's what we found:
- He weighs 56 lbs, not 70 lbs like we were told. Still, he's overweight, and we're going to change him to healthier food.
- Healthier food is twice as expensive as the stuff he's eating now. Not that we bought the stuff he's eating now- we didn't, he came with it from his old home- but I understand why they bought it.
- He has whipworms. We'll be medicating that starting today.
- His coat is so thick because the people who owned him about 3 months ago left him outside all the time, and he grew such a thick coat in. So. Much. Hair. Now that he'll be an indoor dog, hopefully he will shed this in the spring or summer & it won't grow back as thick. But, boy, are we going to need vacuums & air cleaners when this coat sheds! We already have hair everywhere in balls like tumbleweed on our floors.
- He loved the trip to the park after the vet visit. So did we.