I was tagged by Ariah at Trying to Follow to do this 'frugal food' meme. I have a particular interest in cooking and saving money, so this was fun!
1. Cheapest and Healthiest and Most Delicious Meal You’ve Made: Gnocchi is a cheap meal, consisting of flour and potatoes and egg or salt. With a tomato or alfredo sauce, it's almost 'gourmet'!
2. Cheapest Dessert recipe You’ve Made: The last two years, I've made pear pies with free pears when they've been in season. The cost was only in the crust- which involves flour and butter & sugar.
3. Cheapest Meal for a Large Group of People: Pizza Pasta casserole: serve 16-20. Sixty cents a serving.
4. Cheapest Vegetarian Meal You’ve Made: Most of our vegetarian cooking involves "grilled cheese and tomato soup". Gnocchi falls into this category too (see #1). More recently, I made a crockpot broccoli-egg-and-cheese casserole with free broccoli when we had friends over, that fed about 6.
5. Quickest Healthy Meal You’ve Made: Just Wednesday, I whipped up dinner for a surprise guest really quickly: Fish, broiled 3 minutes on each side, instant mashed potatoes, and steamed (free) broccoli.
I tag Ashley, Beth, and Kacie to try this out! Anyone else can play along on your own blog or leave your favorite frugal dish in the comments!