10.12.2007

Happy things yesterday

- Land Before Time (the first and best one) was on TV during breakfast at work. I was the only one in the room who truly appreciated it, since I'm the youngest in the office. I was 4 when the movie was originally released. I immediately recognized the movie when the most poignant scene was on just as I walked into the breakroom- Littlefoot discovering his mother dying. It was a sad scene, but the familiarity of Littlefoot, Sara, Ducky, & the rest made me smile. And then I got made fun of.

- It's Friday.

- A friend & his wife are expecting again. Their first is not yet a year old!

- I got a stylish new company baseball cap.

- A subject of a Freecycle email "WANTED:: Two Cingular Cell Phone's That Can Be Use'd With Simm's Car" The 'Simm's Car' part made me laugh. The misuse of quotation marks is a pet peeve of mine.

- My husband took me on a date, just like back when we were dating. And by that I mean, we ended up at Fry's after dinner.

- He also put together a cedar chest we bought for our foyer at the new house. So handy! It looks great. AND was 20% off!

Bonus challenge for the weekend: Use "Audemars Piguet" in a sentence. And tell me what it is.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

I would like to see a picture of this cedar chest. :) I'm glad you had a good day.

RetroBrett said...

Land Before Time did originally hit the theaters at a time when I wasn't interested in watching feature length cartoons (that's long since changed) but I certainly appreciate it. It has a good feel. You know, like the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons of the 1940s. It's minimalistic but feels more real than a lot of the cartoons that came out in the 1990s (Mulan, Aladdin, etc).

As for the quotation marks, it really pains me to see libraries with signs pointing to the CD's and DVD's.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin