I got tagged by Ashley to do this... but I love reading, seriously. I have a similar story to Ashley- in my fourth grade class, while I lived in Hawaii, my class kept track of reading on a bulletin board with little boats for each of us on a map of the Hawaiian Islands. For each 100 pages we read, our boat could move to the next island, and, when we got around all 7 or 8 islands (I say 7 or 8 because I don't remember if we included Kaho'olawe) we got some sort of prize. Anyway, apparently I was as much a dork in fourth grade as I am now, and I went around the islands 2 1/2 times before anyone else got around once. Yeah, I like books.
1. One book that changed your life: I'm Out to Change My World by Ann Kiemel. I needed encouragement and direction at the end of my high school years, and this book came along at a perfect time. To relate it to the above story: the author talked about growing up in Hawaii, which I related to.
2. One book that you've read more than once: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: I'd want a linking book, obviously. Melissa will know what I'm talking about, not sure anyone else will.
4. One book that made you laugh: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Funniest book ever, seriously. Don't judge it be the movie.
5. One book that made you cry: Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. Old Yeller ranks up there too. Do you see the dog theme?
6. One book that you wish had been written: The Captivating, Wild-At-Heart Marriage by John Eldredge. His separate books are good, so putting the concepts together & talking about how they interact would be great.
7. One book that you wish had never been written: The Dumb Bunnies series by Sue Denim. While I worked at the library, I read them, and they just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think I'm going to read them to my kids.
8. One book you're currently reading: Hard Laughter by Anne Lamott
9. One book you've been meaning to read: The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne
10. Now tag four people: I don't have 4 friends. Matt, Tree, Melissa, Caroline