7.15.2006

Food on the Fourth

I was trying to explain to my Indian coworker, who is new to the country, what Fourth of July parties are like- he was worried about attending, because he said he didn't know what to wear or how to act! I finally decided that the 4th often just boils down to good food and causal fun with family and friends.
This 4th of July, I whipped UP some sugar cookies and whipped OUT my SLR camera and caught some of the food we had at the various parties we were at. I just now got the pictures scanned in...

These are our sugar cookies -- Josh gets credit for the icing.


These are the 4th of July steaks for the guys on my dad's new grill. He tried his hand at marinating and grilling, and the results were delicious.


This was the food spread at the other family party, in Lebanon. Note the very well-crafted flag cake at the bottom. That was cooked by my brother-in-law, though, later on, my cousin-in-law brought one that looked just like it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin