4.19.2005

Accents

Your Linguistic Profile:


80% General American English

15% Dixie

5% Yankee

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern


What Kind of American English Do You Speak?

I attribute these results to:
  • Yankee - My dad grew up in New York.
  • Dixie - My mom's from southern Georgia and still has her drawl. I've lived in Georgia for 9 years of my life, so I must have picked something up.
  • General American English - I feel like that's what's spoken where I've lived the last 9 years, in suburban Indianapolis. I certainly didn't pick up "General American English" in Hawaii, that's for sure.
  • I've refused vehemently to pick up Midwestern and Upper Midwestern speak since I've been here, ever since I heard the word 'pop'. Apparently I've done a good job.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin