3.16.2005

Wisdom of the ages

So this world dwindles day by day,
and passes away; for a man will not be wise
before he has weathered his share of winters
in the world. A wise man must be patient,
neither too passionate nor too hasty of speech,
neither too irresolute nor to rash in battle;
not too anxious, too content, nor too grasping,
and never too eager to boast before he knows himself.
When he boasts a man must bide his time
until he has no doubt in his brave heart
that he has fully made up his mind.
- The Wanderer, written in year 975

Psalm 51:6 - Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

James 1:5- If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

James 3:17- But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

Lord, let me be wise. I desire wisdom over all things, for I know with Your wisdom, I gain everything. You are the source of wisdom. Teach me to trust you more, so I may have faith in your will and wisdom in a deeper way. You are good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin