One of the things I see as an undeniable evidence for God is the way I've seen 'coincidences' in my life that HAD to have been planned out and ordained, for there is no other way things could have happened as they did. Josh and I being together, for instance, is a HUGE improbability at many levels. We talked about that last night and came up with a list of 'random,' improbable things that happened that caused us to be together today. It was crazy. It IS crazy
- We come from different towns, different schools, very different backgrounds and families
- The mutual friend, David, who introduced us ("Set us up," if you will) I knew in junior high, but rarely ran into in high school. We only started talking again after randomly running into each other a few times at the end of senior year then going out for coffee after senior year.
- After going out for coffee once, David & I didn't talk for a few months, until we happened to run into each other at Best Buy during a school break. We don't go to the same school. This is the point we actually started keeping in touch.
- Josh probably shouldn't have gone to Ball State, but he chose to anyway.
- I very easily could have ended up going to Baylor or Purdue, rather than Taylor.
- Josh and David lived on the same floor freshman year, both had roommate troubles, and their roomates were friends, so they ended up as roommates after first semester in a roommate swap.
- I came to visit David freshman year, but at the time, Josh was dating someone else. They ended up breaking up that semester.
- David invited Josh to hang out during the summer after freshman year. Josh asked that I be invited along as well, having only met me twice before, briefly. (I didn't know that till last night! I thought it was David's doing!)
- Josh asked me to be his girlfriend after we had been hanging out for just a week. What nice Christian girl would date someone she's known for a week!?
Since that time a year and a half ago, lots has happened to show me even more how and why God has set this up the way he has. We've individually and together had struggles where we've needed each other. We've studied and prayed together, learning more about God and his plan for our lives. It's crazy, really, how things have come together the way they have. What're the chances?