5.26.2004

King Solomon was right

Last night at about 10:30, I was on the phone with Josh, and said, "So, yeah, today I got up early and went to work at 7:30 this morning, went to dinner at the Grille after work, took a nap as soon as I got home at 6, and then you called." As I was done speaking, I was stunned. He was thinking the same thing and said, "Is that all you did today?"
It was. I don't think I've ever had such a long day and done so little. Don't get me wrong, I got a lot done at work, but when I spoke those words, capsulating my whole day into 'work, ate, slept', I was kinda disappointed. That seems like such a pointless existence.
Lessons from yesterday:
1. Don't nap after dinner, or set an alarm if I do. I don't know if I would have woken up at all, before this morning, if Josh hadn't called at 10.
2. Talk to people. One thing that made yesterday feel pointless was the fact I kept to myself. Things are often more meaningful when shared with others.
3. I need a hobby. If I had a project or something to work on when I got home, again, it'd give my free time meaning, or at least something for me to apply myself to. I'd prefer it to be non-computer related, because I like computers and all, but I'm getting my fill of that at work and like to be a well-rounded individual.
If you have any hobby ideas, let me know. I'm still working on the summer reading list too.
Oh, and if anyone sees my bike, let me know. I doubt you will. I went to pick it up Monday from behind Gerig and it was gone. I'm really sad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

photography!

Joanna said...

Hehe. I still have your camera, you know.

ashley said...

i was going to say photography as well :-)
hmm you probably don't want something that requires creativity do you? like scrapbooking... or crosstitch... how about things like reading? any sports - jogging? roller blading? biking (maybe I shouldn't mention that)? you can always get a fish :-) betta fish are humorous...
here are some more ideas: http://www.about.com/hobbies/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin