1.28.2013

A Muffin Story


Yesterday, Elliott was playing with one of his toy pianos, and it started playing "Do You Know the Muffin Man?"

I sang along, and he decided he wanted to eat a muffin.

I told him we didn't have any muffins, would he like to cook some?

He immediately went & pushed a chair over to the counter to help.

He helped pour and stir the dry ingredients, then lost interest.

I finished up, got the muffins in the oven, and started on dinner (pasta).

He wanted to help with that, too, but I told him he couldn't stir it because it was hot, so I offered apples leftover from making muffins instead.

When the muffins were done, he wasn't that interested, and I realized I had forgotten some of the seasonings in the midst of trying to keep the mess to a minimum. They weren't bad, though, considering.

Elliott's seen his favorite characters on TV help cook or make things, and now he wants to try, too. I think I'm going to like this toddler/preschooler age of discovery, trying-new-things, and impromptu science projects. I'm in my element. 

Also, it's obvious If You Give a Mouse a Cookie was written by a mom in this stage of life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin