8.17.2011

Lucky

This is getting ridiculous.

I've been lucky lately. I mean, I feel like I've always been lucky (Have you seen my husband and kid? Proof, right there.), but lately, it's been more obvious. Like, I keep winning things. Here's a list from the last 10 months or so:

- Dinner at a fancy restaurant and IMAX tickets in October from @IMAXIndy
- Tickets to Prairie Home Companion in Cincinatti from @paulapoundstone
- Gift certificate for camping and a local restaurant from 8greattowns.com
- Conner Prairie tickets from 8greattowns.com
- A really nice stroller from @Safety_1st
- A camera strap cover from Baby Makin' Machine
- Handmade notecards from Adventures in Babywearing
- Indianapolis Indians tickets from In Good Cents
- State fair food from Indiana Family of Farmers
- Symphony on the Prairie tickets from 8greattowns.com
- Bowling games from @Pinheadsbowling
- Restaurant gift certificate from @DevourDowntown
---------------
It's been a lucky week! Edited to add: - Shutterfly photo book from Once A Month Mom
----------------

It's not like I enter tons and tons of contests all day long! These are mostly around Indianapolis, from local companies or organizations. I've loved having the chance to explore local events with these opportunities- we've had a lot of fun, and gotten to do date nights we wouldn't have otherwise. But, now? I check the calendar before entering any contest, because that "off-chance" I might win doesn't seem so "off" anymore!

Seriously, though, I'm thankful for all these bloggers, twitterers and companies and wanted to give them a shout-out. The nice dinner in Indy and the Prairie Home Companion show were some really memorable dates Josh and I got to spend together right before Elliott showed up. The Indians game recently allowed us to bring along my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, two nephews, and Josh's cousin & wife. The family outing was fun! The stroller has been a blessing- it folds up small enough to pack in either car with lots of room to spare, and the sun shade on it has made summer outings at the fair or parades much cooler than if I was wearing the baby. We've got a few more date nights planned, courtesy of the bowling alley, symphony, and  downtown dining.

Now, to find a babysitter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poppy and Grammy would love to baby sit!

Joanna said...

Poppy and Grammy will be out of town this weekend! But maybe another weekend :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That's awesome!!

Steph

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin