2.08.2011

Six Weeks



This pretty much sums up my life right now. No complaints, though.

Six Weeks Old
by Christopher Morley


HE is so small he does not know
The summer sun, the winter snow;
The spring that ebbs and comes again,
All this is far beyond his ken.

A little world he feels and sees:
His mother's arms, his mother's knees;
He hides his face against her breast,
And does not care to learn the rest.

There's plenty of "winter snow" here- and ice! Oh the ice! I was literally iced in last week, from Tuesday to Saturday- the garage wouldn't open to let the car out. We survived though, and, a a bonus, the house is now really clean.

Based on articles, it seems like so many things happen at six weeks, and my 'newborn' is now a 'baby'. He's definitely more expressive, and I'm loving the fleeting smiles we're getting. He had his first bottle Saturday, and that (thankfully) went well. I really don't have much else to report since, as I mentioned, I haven't left the house in a while.

While looking up the above poem, I found a short essay by the same author that made me laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you look up the word "peaceful" in the dictionary, this picture would be next to the definition.
Oh, to sleep like that for just one night!
Poppy

A beautiful baby and a talented photographer are a great combination!

Gretchen said...

I can't get over how cute he is! I just want to snuggle him.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin