1.02.2010

Decades

In the '80's, I was born, and started school, but just barely. We'll call these the "Littlest Years"

In the '90's, I trekked through elementary, junior high, and high school- 5 schools in 3 states. We'll call these the "Formative Years".

In the '00's, I started driving, went to college, fell in love, got married, got a job, and bought a house. We'll call these the "Young Adult Years."

Today, on the dawn of a new decade, I turn 26. TIME calls the '00's the "decade from hell". It treated me all right, so if I can handle the last decade, I can handle the one to come, right? I'm out of the Young Adult Years (maybe?) and on to a new yet-to-be-named decade full of new sorts of adventures. I'm a little anxious, but ready to see what lies ahead.

Bring it on, '10's!

3 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

I've only got about 10 years on you (I'm 35) but 26 feels so far away!!!

ashley said...

Happy birthday! :-)

And that Time article was interesting. It made me realize how oblivious I was to current events and economy when I was in high school. (Like the Wall Street crash in 2000? I have no recollection of that.) I'm sure a lot of that had to do with living in another country.

I'd say this decade has been pretty good to me, too, besides the usual challenges that people face when they leave home for the first time and strike out on their own. I'm praying that we're able to weather the storm that is our current economical climate. And definitely let's hope the teens are better!

Heather said...

Happy Late Birthday! I too feel like 26 was ages ago!!! I was 27 when I had Kevin and now he is magically growing up on me!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin