12.04.2009

On Living Life

This "What I've Been Up To" series seems a little redundant- I mean, isn't everything I post on my blog "what I've been up to"?

Yes and no. I took an unannounced bloggy break during November, because I was busy with life. Rather than doing stuff and immediately reporting it to the world via my blog, I just lived, without a day-by-day commentary for all to see. I apologize for leaving you out.

But then, I'm not too sorry. I did some fun stuff. Nothing exciting at all- and I have a lot left to do- My Christmas decorations aren't even unpacked yet! That said, I'm glad I got some away-from-a-screen time for a while. I highly recommend it.

I just saw a story about a guy who beat World of Warcraft. If you don't know what WoW is, good for you; you probably have wholesome away-from-screen hobbies. For those of you who do know what it is, you know how all-encompassing and life-consuming this game can be. I know how many hours the people I know who play the game spend on it, so I can't imagine how much time an individual who has done everything there is to do in the game must spend- and how much life he must have missed out on while virtually hunting down orcs.

Life. I like my walking-around, day-to-day, 3-D life. I like my virtual friends, too- a lot. But I need to remember the people I can touch and talk to face to face matter most.

Also, because I have a lot to catch up on, some of the news on the blog will be "old news" for a while! Stay tuned for glow-in-the-dark monsters, stuffed mushrooms, auto accessories, and vintage cartoons!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin