7.28.2009

My Almost-Three-Year-Old

I've got a two-year old. He'll be 3 in a month! He's potty trained, but still has accidents sometimes. He loves his mommy and daddy, and his toys! He loves playing outside.  He's pretty good about not putting things in his mouth that he shouldn't. He's a pretty happy boy most of the time, but whines and cries for attention or to let us know what he needs. Like any 2-year-old, he makes a mess of the house all the time, and is always underfoot, wanting to be in the middle of the action.

He even has an impressive vocabulary! Here are the words he knows:
Ball
Toy
Bed
Dinner
Water
Off
No

Good
Back
Down

Sit
Stay
Come
Outside
Treat

Rope
Bone
"Go to your room"
"Daddy's home"


Yeah, my almost-three-year old is furry and has four legs instead of two, if that's not obvious already. When I'm surrounded by human two- and three-year-olds and their parents, like I was last night, I'll throw out a "Well, MY two-year-old  has been potty trained for a year and a half" line, just to not feel totally left out.

I do love my parent friends, though, and was so delighted to spend hours and hours with them last night. I file away their stories, tips, and lessons for future reference, when I have my own two-legged baby- no hurry on that, because, for now, Casey keeps our hands full!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin