1.21.2008

News Flash!

News Flash! Christian University Allows Dancing!
Read All About It!

The article points out Taylor & IWU still don't allow dancing. An Anderson student reflects on the rule change:
"It is a step in a more liberal direction, but I don't think it's going to corrupt our student body," she said.
Because Liberal = Corrupt.

I think the author of the article is trying to be ironic here:
"Student organizers said music was in line with university decency standards, with the disc jockey playing songs by Kanye West, Fergie and Kelly Clarkson. Justin Timberlake was a favorite, including his hit "SexyBack.""

My favorite observation:
University President James Edwards watched the dance from the gymnasium's upper level.
"I don't know if there's a lot of great dancing going on or a lot of great standing going on," he said, "but there's a lot of togetherness going on."

Lots of great standing going on, just like every other dance I've ever been to.
-----------------------------------------------------------

This is all in good fun. I think I've been reading too much Stephen Colbert. My sense of humor is getting more sarcastic. I apologize.


In other news, Heather was asking what Cat 5 cable was. It's network cable- it kinda looks like a phone cord, but is thicker, and doesn't fit in a phone jack, in case you're still wondering. ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin