6.21.2007

From the Ashes

I've made no secret of the fact I'm a Shane Claiborne fan, after reading his book The Irresistible Revolution. This is why, when I saw a headline yesterday about a 7-alarm fire in Philadelphia, I said a quick prayer, hoping it wasn't in Kensington, hoping it wasn't in their Simple Way community. I knew that, whereever in the city it was, Shane's group would be on top of helping the affected people out.

I had forgotten about the story until this morning, when I started checking blogs and discovered the fire did hit their community- the house Shane lived in and their ministry center burned down, as well as soem of their neighbors' houses. The community's website, The Simple Way, has more on what happened, as well as information on how we can help.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin